Suspended

Request of mod makers

« Older   Newer »
Deputy276
CAT_IMG Posted on 24/4/2011, 13:57     +1   -1

First let me say I have the highest admration for the mod makers on this forum. They are the best! Having said that, there are a few things I would like to see added to the 99-02 mods to make them more "user-friendly".
First thing I would like to see is an "installation" or "read me" file that explains exactly how to install the mod. Some mods are full conversion mods and some mods are stand alone mods. For someone who is new, it's hard to tell the dfference between the two. Also for mods that involve installing or replacing files, there needs to be detailed instructions on how to do this. If every mod included this information, it would make things a lot easier. And since 99-02 is pretty much an "international" game, I suggest that the readme/installation file be written in English.

Next item relates to the use of Italian for the menus. I understand that the mod maker is most likely Italian and that is his native language and the easiest to work in. But as I said, this is an international game and English is used and understood in more countries than Italian. So I would suggest that the menu items be written in English. Or at least the option be there to choose English or Italian. Even better would be for the audio to be in English too, but I can live with Italian there. Please understand, I am not criticizing Italians. I am of Italian descent with my ancestors coming from Naples. I am strictly speaking about the game. I wish I spoke and wrote Italian, as I would be happy to do the conversion from Italian to English. Unfortunately, I don't.

Edited by Deputy276 - 24/4/2011, 09:26

rapide
CAT_IMG Posted on 24/4/2011, 22:34     +1   -1

the installation of mod is not difficult. The mod has the same folder of the game , you will put every mod's folder IN the same folder of the game , there are also mod which have the executable and so the mod it' s installed , i hope i helped you ;)

Deputy276
CAT_IMG Posted on 25/4/2011, 15:23     +1   -1

QUOTE (rapide @ 24/4/2011, 15:34) 
the installation of mod is not difficult. The mod has the same folder of the game , you will put every mod's folder IN the same folder of the game , there are also mod which have the executable and so the mod it' s installed , i hope i helped you ;)

So just putting the mod in the same folder as the game will make it work? Okay, I will try that. Thanks for the help!

Dep

Deputy276
CAT_IMG Posted on 25/4/2011, 19:19     +1   -1

Rapide: I did as you instructed and IT WORKED!! Thank you! I am now enjoying the 2009 season of F1 racing. :bravo:

3 replies since 24/4/2011, 13:57   72 views